Need Money for College?
Continuing your education is more important than ever, and so is making smart financial decisions when it comes to paying for that education, which is why we offer the Texas Extra Credit Education Loan through our partner, Higher Education Servicing Corp. Texas Extra Credit is a private student loan developed specifically to help Texas residents pay for college when scholarships, grants and federal aid just aren’t enough to cover the full cost of attendance.
Learn more about Texas Extra Credit’s program features, valuable borrower benefits, and repayment options below.
- Complete your loan application online in as little as 15 minutes - initial credit decisions are typically made within minutes
- Variable interest rates starting as low as LIBOR + 2.49% to LIBOR + 8.99% (with Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) from 3.81% to 9.36%)
- Fixed interest rates starting at 4.49% to 10.99% (with Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) from 4.49% to 9.92%)
- Borrow from $1,000 to $65,000 annually - loans can even be used for past due balances (loans are certified by the school and may not exceed full cost of education minus other financial aid)
- Maximum aggregate loan limit is $150,000, inclusive of all student loan debt
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) not required
- No application or origination fees
- 0.25% interest rate reduction just for graduating
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for auto-debit payments
- Cosigner release after the first 24 consecutive on-time monthly loan payments
- Choose from our three repayment options: Immediate, Interest-Only or Fully Deferred Repayment
- Choice of 10 or 15 year repayment terms
We Have Answers!
What You'll Need to Apply
- Bio/Demo Information
- Employment History
- Financial Information
- Student borrower must be enrolled at least half time in a degree-granting program (as certified by the school) at an approved school
- Student borrower and cosigner (if applicable) must be permanent residents of Texas
- The applicant applying as creditworthy (i.e. the cosigner or the student applying without a cosigner) must provide proof of current income
- Student borrower and cosigner (if applicable) must be United States citizens/nationals or lawful permanent resident aliens of the United States
Start Your Application Today
Completing the online loan application takes as little as 15 minutes. And the application makes it easy to invite a cosigner to the process, mix and match loan options, and compare loan scenarios instantly, - so you can select a loan that's right for you.
And don’t worry, if you don’t have all of the necessary information to complete your application, we'll save it (securely) for you.