Providing Low Cost Financial Services Since 1936
Cosden Employees Federal Credit Union’s first charter was in Fort Worth, Texas in 1936. The first charter was a credit union to serve the employees and families of employees of the Cosden Refinery in Big Spring, Texas. A few years after starting in Fort Worth Cosden Employees Credit Union moved to Big Spring to improve service to the employees of the refinery. For 60 years Cosden EFCU was actually housed in a building near the refinery.
In 1999 Cosden Employees Federal Credit Union received a new charter to serve not only the employees of the refinery but all persons living, working, worshiping, or attending school in Howard County. The new charter included a name change which kept the designation of Cosden but dropped the word ‘employees’, Cosden Federal Credit Union.
In 2001 Cosden FCU moved from the old location by the refinery to our current location at 400 E. March Dr. in Big Spring, Texas (just a block from the Walmart store). Our new expanded membership allowed us to grow and in 2006 we remodeled our building at 400 E. Marcy Dr. to include new loan offices, expanded drive through tellers including some with truck access, and a drive up ATM.
In 2012 we merged with another local credit union, T & P FCU, which had a membership of employees of the Texas and Pacific Railroad working in the Big Spring area. T & P FCU had merged years before with the Big Spring State Hospital Credit Union. Cosden welcomed the T & P railroad members and the Big Spring State Hospital members to our already growing number of members from all areas of Howard County.
Though the refinery has changed owners and names several times, and we serve everyone in Howard County we have always kept the name ‘Cosden’ to honor our long history in Howard County. Our roots go back deep. Come be a member with us and be part of that heritage.
"Serving the Financial Needs and Wants of our Members."
Cosden Federal Credit Union's vision is your best choice of financial institutions.